Thursday 16 July 2015

TAKING THE BIG PLUNGE

I dipped my toe into the water recently by writing a story for PK's Fantasy Friday, which was awesome and decided to take a further plunge to see how it feels.  I have been hiding and lurking for nearly two years,  my interest started again  after reading fifty shades and blogs. 

My wonderful husband and I have been married for over 35 years with adult children and lot of grandies.  I am Lindy and I will call my husband Bear. Life has been pretty kind to us most of the time although we have had our ups and downs like any other couple. When we first became engaged we partook in a bit of TTWD which went by the wayside once the children came along. Bear was always working afternoon or night  shift, so our only real time together was on weekends. Once our children were old enough, we started having special date nights on Saturdays so we could reconnect. We have become each others best friend and soul mate.  Our children left home but  appeared we had revolving doors as they all kept coming back again and again to live for different reasons. We eventually became empty nesters though.

Life went along smoothly, then Bear retired and we made the BIG move to a little seaside, country town.  After a visit from our daughter in law where she commented on fifty shades being disgusting I was tempted to read it as you do, and of course enjoyed it. It re-ignited our venture into TTWD and put a new spark in our lives. We don't actually have rules to follow except I am supposed to keep active and healthy to prevent one of my auto-immune diseases from deteriorating. So guess we mainly partake in fun spankings as Bear says I am a good girl all the time.  Until I read everyone else's blogs and discussed them with Bear we hid the fact we like this lifestyle and thought there must have been something wrong with us.  So glad to finally realise there are other couples out in this world who also enjoy TTWD and in particular other couples around our age.  Bear is still a bit hesitant about it all and says it is just between us.  Which I agree as would never dream of telling our family or friends.

There are heaps of things I would like to eventually ask and get other bloggers opinions.  Will wait though for the appropriate time.  Well think I will finish up now,  as I don't want to bore you any further.  Hope to become friends with you all and keep in touch.

hugs Lindy from Australia

35 comments:

  1. Lindy, Welcome! I'm so glad you're here. This is definite the place to asks questions and get the opinions of others. We all do TTWD differently and are at different places in our journey but most of us are really enjoying our trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement to start blogging PK, it is wonderful to be here at last. Looking forward to all the fun getting to know everyone.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  2. Hi Lindy, nice to meet you. Is Bear a fan of cricket - dare I mention the Ashes?

    I'd no idea there were so many TTWDers out there until I discovered blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DelFonte, Nice to meet you also. No Bear is into cycling and swimming. He says he doesn't follow football.l Although when my team and his family team played against each other in the grand final one year, he was certainly vocal in barracking for the other team.
      It is amazing to see so many others on these blogs.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  3. Welcome, Lindy
    We have been waiting for you. How wonderful to join us here. Hope you will stop by my blog to say hello. I will enjoy hearing about your adventures.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith, Have been lurking on your blog just been too shy to comment. LOL! Will try to from now on though.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  4. Lindy, hello and welcome to blogging. We have a wonderful community here and all are happy to answer any questions you have. Look forward to stopping by again.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ronnie, thank you it is great to be here after lurking for so long. You are all a wonderful group of people and I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  5. Hi Lindy, oh it is nice to meet you.For us too ttwd is mostly fun and games, We think that at our age life should be getting better, more fun and less angst!
    Love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, Nice to meet you also Yes we need fun and games at our age. I think I read on one of your blogs your laugh your way through spankings. I do also, it drives Bear crazy.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  6. Welcome Lindy. I am a fellow lurker (and from the land of Oz) and would endorse all the words above.
    Most of all, TTWD is about having fun

    enjoy, Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Don, Thank you nice to meet another blogger from the land of Oz. It sure is fun. Look forward to getting to know you more.
      Lindy X

      Delete
    2. What is the name of your blog Don?

      Delete
  7. Welcome Lindy. I really enjoyed your story and I'm sure I will enjoy your blog. We're all friends here. We have all different ways of practicing TTWD and many of us are long married couples who were looking for that new spark.

    Glad you're here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh. I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I love reading your stories and books they are fantastic. TTWD certainly does add a spark.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  8. Welcome to blog land Lindy,,,it is a very friendly, supportive place. We are all different, but that just means we learn from each other!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby, it does appear to be a very friendly place to meet like minded people. Will be great to learn more along the way.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  9. I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome! Wishing you the best on your journey and look forward to hearing more of your story. Hugs, Terpsichore :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terpsichore for the warm welcome and best wishes. Look forward to becoming friends with you and everyone else along the way.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  10. I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome! Wishing you the best on your journey and look forward to hearing more of your story. Hugs, Terpsichore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome! Wishing you the best on your journey and look forward to hearing more of your story. Hugs, Terpsichore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lindy, welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dancingbarez, thank you for the welcome. looking forward to blogging and learning more.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  13. Hi Lindy, welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome Lindy...looking forward to visiting and getting to know you and Bear. Just remember...there is no right or wrong way and no stupid questions.

    Blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat, I will try to remember there is no right or wrong way. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to thinking I have done something stupid. Look forward to getting to know you more.

      Lindy X

      Delete
  15. Hi Lindy! Isn't it wonderful to find this place where you can be yourself and practice what makes you and Bear happy? I love that we are all different and yet the same in many ways.
    Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MInelle, it is wonderful after all these years thinking we were the only ones doing TTWD to finally find others. Looking forward to getting to know you more.
      Lindy X

      Delete
  16. Hi Lindy, welcome to blogland from New Zealand :) I loved your story on Fantasy Friday and look forward to hearing more from you. This is an amazing and supportive
    community.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Roz, thank you for both your welcome and comment about my story. This is a wonderful place to see how others live their experience with TTWD. Bet it is cold in NZ at the moment, it is pretty cold here. Look forward to getting to know you more.

      Lindy X

      Delete
  17. Hi Lindy,

    Welcome to blogland! Feel free to come and visit my blog and ask any questions you may have.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan, thank you I will visit your blog. Nice to meet you.
      Lindy x

      Delete
    2. What is the name of your blog Megan?

      Delete
  18. Lindy, you are so welcome here! It is a family of lovely people. Everyone is different and each relationship is unique. We will learn as much from you as you will from us. Please visit me at Ella Ever After. I am still getting to know everyone myself. You will feel so at home.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella, look forward to getting to know you more through our blogs.
      Lindy X

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...