Saturday 19 September 2015

TOPSY TURVY WEEK

Hope you don't mind but I'm going to ramble on a bit here if that is alright.

On Monday  it was such a beautiful Spring day with 27c.  After lunch I headed out for my usual walk along the cliff tops to view the port and look for any whales. Coming back I stopped at a look out where a new viewing platform is being built, for a few minutes then headed back home. 
Whilst there I saw this guy heading for his car but then he turned around to go back towards where I was standing.  Most people tend to say hello around here when you see them out and about but this guy ignored me. I only had to walk a short distance home down one street, then turned the corner to my street. As I approached our drive way something made me look behind to see this guy slowly following me. Then I noticed he did a u turn when he realised I saw him.  I quickly picked up my pace and shot inside to tell Bear.  He was not impressed at all and told me to ring the police to report him as he had interstate plates.  Pity I didn't think to take a photo of his vehicle.
The police said they would comb the area and appreciated me warning them in case he follows someone else.  Since then I have been too scared to venture out, so Bear has bought me a purse size can of hair spray to carry in future.  That night Bear had to cuddle me all night as I kept having nightmares.

Tuesday we went to a new group we have joined.  Bear had to be the monthly joker, which he was really nervous about as neither of us like public speaking.  We sat on a table with two other woman who were talking about their husbands.  They both said how they love to get away from them, you can't be with anyone 24/7 and kept saying horrible things. One of them turned to me and said you surely must feel that way also.  When I explained how I loved being around my husband, she thought I was crazy.  Both Bear and I were surprised by their reactions as we both enjoy each others company and most times we could become hermits and not leave the house at all. Anyway Bear did his jokes and had to nominate someone for next month, so he nominated one of these woman.  LOL!

The next day Bear said to me that he counts his lucky stars he is married to me and couldn't ask for a better wife.  Neither of us could understand how someone could obviously hate their husband like these two woman.  Maybe we have TTWD to thank for being so close but we have always lived like this.  Also we were shocked one of the other woman lost her husband during the month and has reverted back to her maiden name. I truly don't understand why she would do that.

On Thursday I had a dental appointment,  I have a phobia about dentists. Something must have happened when I was little, so I avoid them like the plague.  A month ago I was supposed to have some extractions but the dentist took my blood pressure which was sky high, so he refused to treat me.  He told me to go back to my doctor for a change of tablets and also get some valium to calm me down.  So Thursday I took my valium around 9am ready for my 10am appointment, then received a phone call asking me to come in straight away.  I told them once there, the valium probably hasn't kicked in.  The dentist took my bp again which was sky high.  He asked if I was apprehensive and when I said no not this time he took it again.  In the end he worked out his machine was playing up so went ahead with the procedure.  Pity I had to wait a whole month for this appointment as I would have loved to be over and done with last month.

I had two extractions and came home to sleep the afternoon away as the valium obviously did kick in eventually.  When I woke up I cooked dinner for Bear but forgot to set the table for dinner.  So my spanky  man gave me two hard swats playfully.  I left a nice letter for the tooth fairy that night saying I was a brave girl and should get a million trillions dollars.  Woke up  Friday morning to zilch but received a good girl spanking and a kiss instead.  Apparently that is how my tooth fairy pays.
At least when I return to the dentist next month I won't be so nervous as it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

Thank goodness it is the weekend now to recover from the week and relax.  Tomorrow is going to be a nice day again, so I will see if I am game enough to venture out for a walk. Hopefully I will not encounter any further trouble.  Have a good weekend everyone. Lindy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lindy, what a week! I think my husband would have left a group if he had to be any sort of speaker,lol. I can't imagine saying things like that about my husband, like you we prefer to be together and don't wish to be apart.
    Nice tooth fairy, doling about spankings and kisses, almost worth going to the dentist!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, My sisters also belong to the same group in their states and said there is no way they would get up and talk in public.
      Yes my tooth fairy is so thoughtful. At least I know what to expect now.
      Have a good day.
      Lindy x

      Delete
  2. That is scary, smart of you to be alert on your walk. I have a dentist phobia also....love the tooth fairy story. Hope the coming week is a calmer one..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, it was very scary and well prepared in future. I'm armed and dangerous. Hope you have a good week also.
      Lindy x

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness Lindy, that was some week! How scary being followed! I would never talk that way about Rick and feel very uncomfortable when others do. Ttwd does provide a deeper connection.

    I have a phobia about going to the dentist too. Glad it wasn't as bad as you feared. Love the tooth fairly. Spanks and kisses sounds perfect :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonder what it is about our generation having phobias about the dentist. My grandchildren love going, weird little people! It was a perfect ending with the tooth fairy.
      Have a good week.
      Lindy x

      Delete
  4. Sheesh! I shared this with my guy. Scary!
    I also don't understand husband or less bashing. I think there is a difference when someone is sharing something personal in order to get ideas or constructive suggestions. Bashing and negativity is not helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really uncomfortable the two women talking like that and asking me especially seeing Bear was sitting beside me. Do they think he is deaf or couldn't hear what they were discussing. It was uncalled for and inappropriate. At least all the lovely ladies who follow TTWD understand how I feel.
    Have a good week Minelle.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...