Monday 24 July 2017

very sore backside

I'm currently sitting here on a very sore backside.  Ok, you can stop thinking I've been a very naughty girl and been spanked.  Wish I had as it would feel better than this.

Bear and I went on a very nice shopping trip today.  As its so far from home we decided to stop half way enjoy some  refreshments.  Whilst Bear was boiling the kettle I said I'd go for a wonder to take photos. Huge mistake! 

At first the ground was alright, then it got a bit slushy as we've had so much rain lately.  Then I had to take a detour around a rather large puddle but didn't think to turn back.  When taking my photos I am very determined.  I stood on an embankment taking photos of the river, next thing I know I was flat on my back down the bottom.  Lucky for me I stopped in time before going into the river. 


My glasses flew off my head in one direction, my mobile flew in the other direction. I sat there for ages contemplating what to do about my predicament.  Once I found both items, I checked my phone to find there was no reception what so ever, which meant I couldn't call Bear for help.  So I only had one choice to pick myself up, find my way back  in a safer way. It felt like it took forever walking back as my whole spine felt jolted.

On arriving back at the picnic table I turned around showing Bear my back which was totally covered in mud.  I was expecting some sympathy yet all I received was a comment.....

'That'll teach you for playing in mud.'

I explained what happened saying how sore I felt. 

To which he replied 'Also  a hurt pride.'

I think by tomorrow I'm going to be black and blue.  Won't be so stupid as to wander off by myself again in that sort of area.  Lesson learnt the hard way!

22 comments:

  1. Oh ouch Lindy. Thank goodness you didn't end up in the river! Hope the bruising isn't too bad and that you recover quickly. Take care!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. I sitting here feeling very sorry for myself. Oh well I won't do that again.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  2. Awww, poor Lindy, that must have hurt so badly. I'm sorry for you. Ice it up and rest until you're better. I'd agree, no more adventures like that for you. But I do have to say, Bear's remarks were great!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baker. Yep never again will I wonder off by myself. He knows how to tell a good joke no matter what the situation.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  3. Oh, Lindy. So sorry and glad you're not hurt any worse than you are.

    Photographers are intrepid - I know I've seen Katie lug a camera that weighs more than her. I'm glad she does though, you'll see why if you get a chance to read my post today.

    Stay safe. BTW, you take some wonderful pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny. I'm glad its not worse also, a few bruises will heal quicker than broken bones.
      I can imagine the awesome camera Katie lugs around for her photos. She takes really great ones.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  4. Hi Lindy, oh no! I hope you will be okay by tomorrow. better not wander off again. Shame you have a sore rear for the wrong reasons:(
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan. Feel like I've been run over by a semi trailer today. I agree, pity my sore rear isn't from a good spanking instead. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  5. Those photo capturing escapades can lead to some real trouble at times, Lindy! YIKES! I am so glad that you are okay! Scary that the river was right there! Glad that you found your phone, glasses and were able to make your way back. I do hope that you don't have much bruising.

    You were better natured than I would have been if Rob had responded to me in that manner. On the other hand, after not having witnessed what you went through, a little humour can often relieve the stress after such an event. I hope that you are feeling well after your muddy photography adventure! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. I feel shocking today but at least I'm alive. Bear seems to use humour when he is stressed, so I understood why he cracked jokes.
      Be careful when you are out and about taking photos.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  6. Mega ouch; not only your backside is bruised but I imagine you pride took a beating as well. Hope you recover soon.
    Also, nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Don. My whole body is aching today but I'm thankful nothing was broken. Yes my pride took a good beating. Luckily no one witnessed it. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  7. Lindy, You were lucky you didn't go into the river. I hope you aren't too bruised today.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie, I'm counting my blessings as it could have been a whole lot worse.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  8. Lindy! Ouch! I'm always worse on the second day so put some ice on your back just in case.
    Sounds like Bear has a pretty good sense of humor. That'll come in handy if you need a distraction while you are on the mend.
    Was the picture you posted the one you took as you slid through the mud?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy. It does feel worse today actually. The picture was just prior to taking my slippery slide down the mud.
      Bear tends to use humour when he's stressed as his way of coping.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  9. There are so much better ways to get a sore backside. I hope there is nothing really hurt and that all the soreness goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PK, I totally agree I would have much preferred to sore backside from my Bears hand. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  10. Oh, Lindy, that sounds nasty. That's taking suffering for your art too far! Hope you're feeling less sore today.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. Its taught me to be more careful in future and watch where I'm standing. I was just lucky I stopped before going in the river.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  11. so glad you are okay...let's hope that the next time you end up with a sore behind it is for much more fun reasons :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terps. Yes I agree next time it needs to be for other reasons.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...