Friday 13 April 2018

FFF11

Another week done and dusted,  check in time for FFF week 11 already.  I found a good article the other day which said the best diet habit is to find a group to support you on your journey.  Thanks kindly to Fondles for bringing us all together, it is awesome having others to keep us motivated.

Here is the article, hope the link works.
http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-1-habit-you-should-have-to-lose-weight-its-not-what-you-think-

This week has been better for me, I'm feeling positive.  I changed my focus from exercise to food instead, like Ella suggested.  Shhh!  don't tell Bear BUT I've been naughty and stuck to the 16/8.  He is in the shower when I have breakfast so hasn't noticed I'm not eating.  A wise friend told me, I'm skating on thin ice, so I know you are all my friends so won't dob me in......RIGHT?



Although doing the 16/8 I've added in two snacks.  One for afternoon tea and one just before the 8 hours finishes.  This seems to sustain me for the 16 hours of fasting.  The scales are heading in the right direction, so I'm doing my happy dance here.


The only exercise I've done this week is my two water aerobics sessions and walking.  Not too many steps though, just basically whilst shopping.  I had good intentions of participating in more at the gym, life got in the way though. 

YMCA


Victoria has a special program run this time every year,  called Active April where the Mayor encourages us all to become more active. Part of this we receive 10 free sessions at the YMCA which is wonderful as it covers my aqua aerobics.  During this time they encourage  you to try other activities, so next week all being well I will do some extra classes.

Like Abby I think I need to add a no  sitting binge rule.  I'm playing games with friends both on  face book and on my phone.  Before I know it hours have passed by without me doing anything. 

Sadly I haven't done any decluttering this week.  Once again I've had good intentions just time poor.  Maybe next week I will do double.

Hope everyone else has had a successful week with  FFF and achieved your goals.

Hugs Lindy xx

23 comments:

  1. Hi Lindy,

    My lips are sealed :) Thank you for sharing the article. It really does help doing this with others. Active April sounds awesome!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz for being a part of our awesome FFF team. I'm happy you're not dobbing me into Bear. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on a successful week, Lindy! Keep up the awesome hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for dropping by Windy and the encouragement.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  3. I don't know 16/8 but from what you wrote I assume you can eat during 8 hours then nothing for 16 ....I'm pretty sure I do that naturally -- breakfast is at 8am (which yes I eat because in the past I discovered that was when I actually lost weight when I ate breakfast - cheeky grin)- lunch is between 12 and 1 and dinner is usually around 6....... and I don't eat afterwards. It's not quite 16/8 but pretty close.

    I am glad you are feeling encouraged about the movement of the scales !! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful eating breakfast works for you Morningstar. You are doing your own version of 16/8 but different hours.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  4. This all sounds great!!! Good for you. I'm still dyslexic and doing the 18/6 diet. :0 I have tea every morning and that keeps me satisfied until I have lunch. Enjoy Active April. If you get a good exercise routine down, you'll be able to run away when Bear figures out you've been sneaking back on the 18/6!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I better learn to run fast if I want to beat Bear. I love your version of 18/6, whatever works for you. You're doing so well.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  5. Two water aerobics plus walking sounds like lots of exercise to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ancilla, it doesn't feel like it though. LOL! Maybe I'm just used to doing it.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  6. When I get back home I am going to look into a water aerobics, I did it years ago when I injured my knee..You had a great week...I find that no binge rule really helps me get going more...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby, you enjoy your time with the family. You should really do water aerobics, its so much fun.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Lindy ... any exercise is good so good for you for sticking to the aquatics at least. Re the sitting binge ... I'll lend you the ttwd rule I struggle to adhere to ... no non working computer time, including tablets, between 10-5 PM ;)
    ... have a successful week 12 :) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora Jean that's a long time without my computer. I've come to rely on it a lot since moving here for staying in touch with our kids. Good idea though, I'll try shortening the time I'm on it.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  8. HAHA whatever works for you, altho it DOES help that Bear knows the truth - TTWD aside, in case of any emergency etc (medical i mean) he'll need to give the first aid people accurate information so saying you have breakfast in the mornings when you don't could lead them to treat any condition differently. (I'm just being paranoid, but it's a job hazard... i work at a clinic right?)

    Perhaps the better thing, if you could manage it, is to give him the supporting articles on why 16/8 is ok for you to do? OR if you could maybe relent on this a little and actually HAVE breakfast? Look, a pear is what, 50 calories? with a sugarless coffee or tisane is 0 calories... right?

    or have "negative calorie" foods. You'll look like you're eating, but really won't be making any impact on the calorie count!

    Negative Calorie Foods


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The negative calories sound interesting, thanks Fondles.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Lindy, well done, a good week. I couldn't do without breakfast, I can skip any other meal , just not that one.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. I can skip breakfast but not others, so I'm the opposite to you.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you are going in a great direction and finding what works for you. I know I need to do something for my own health but keep struggling. I am being inspired by all of you. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps, you should join us on the FFF adventure. Its really good with everyone encouraging us and swapping ideas.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a great week, Lindy! :) Glad that you are feeling encouraged too!

    Amy's comment about being fit enough to outrun Bear when he finds out about your breakfast business made me LOL! Yikes! I hope there are only happy spankings in your future! :)

    That's cool about the Y! Wonderful that they do that for people.

    Thank you for sharing the neat article. Makes a ton of sense! Our daughter, just home from her year-long college adventure, has Rob and me taking Ginger shots in the morning. Worth a try! Definitely adds even more spice to life- Whooooo! Looks like some great health benefits. !/2 a lemon, a knob of peeled fresh ginger, a pinch of cayenne all blended up! Cheers! Keep up the great work! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That YMCA deal sounds fantastic! Hope the 16/8 works for you, and that you don't get yourself in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lea the Y is great to try new things in April when its free. The 16/8 is working really well now.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...