Thursday 17 August 2017

Ella's Summertime meme

Summertime and the Meming is Easy.....

Gosh I wish it was summertime here with nice balmy days.  It must be on the way though as our bulbs are starting to bloom.  I can only dream at the moment, as its so cold and we have had so much rain.




1.  Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.




I honestly can't think of a song that would make me cry.  Although I'm a sooky la la so I cry at the drop of a hat. 






2.  What is your favorite shade of lipstick?  What about nail polish?  If you do not wear lipstick or polish, what do you like or dislike about the shades you see others wear?


Well my favourite colours are pink and green.  Don't think green lipstick would look very good.  So a subtle shade of pink for me. I don't wear nail polish as it never stays on long enough.






3.  Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.

The was an old woman who swallowed a fly.  I remember singing this song in primary school in a round robin.  Used to be so funny.



4.  What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed?  Something in which you think you look pretty damn good!

At the moment being winter here its so hard to keep warm and look pretty.  So we tend to dress in layers.  My favourite thing is a nice warm jumper, pair of slim line pants and these boots.








5.  If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?


I've always wanted to live in the country.  Bear likes to live close to the coast, so we compromised when moving.  We are in a coastal rural area. So I'd say a country cabin.






   



6.  If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a "thing" for?  If you are not that old, tell us a musician that really did it for you.


I always had a soft spot for Ringo Starr.




7.  Name a smell that you love - could be kitchen, outdoors, person, your choice.

I really, really love the smell of gum leaves either after the rain or thrown into a fire. Very Australian.






8.  How often do you defuzz your legs.  Wax, razor, or electric?

In summer once a week with a razor.  In winter I let it grow as I don't really have very much hair.






9.  How/why did you choose your blog name?  

Down under being for Australia




Dreaming  for a better life, which is what's happened to us.






10.  What do you like to eat for breakfast?  To drink?  Coffee or tea?

At the moment being winter I love to eat rice porridge with blueberries and yoghurt.  During summer I just eat the yoghurt and berries. 




I always start the day with a cup of tea.







 

11.  How many siblings do you have?  Or are you an only child?  Are you the oldest, a middle, or the youngest child?

Its complicated as   I technically have four siblings.  My brother died last year, so that left  3 sisters.  My eldest sister and I are the only ones who are talking to each other. Weird family! I'm the baby  of the family.





12.  What is your favorite salad dressing?

Italian salad dressing is my favourite.







   

13.  If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?

As I am petrified of flying it would have to be my Bear to keep me calm.  LOL!  Big wuss!




14.  Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?

Not really as I don't like shopping very much either for fun items or essentials.







15.  If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?

This is a hard one as I'm usually placid.  Maybe if someone did something to hurt a family member I would get my claws out.


 

16.  Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.

One thing that came out of my fall is that Bear gave me his good camera.  I think so far the best photo I've taken is a recent one of him.  It also was chosen in the top list of my photo group. Sorry can't show you the photo here,  those who know me on fb have seen it.

.


17.  Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?

No never, but I would love to if the area was secluded.  This would be Bear and I.







18.  What do you like on your pizza?  What don't you like on your pizza?

I make my own pizza with a cauliflower base.  So I add tomato paste, feta cheese, capsicum, eggplant,  baby spinach and chorizo sausage. Delish!





Thanks Ella that was a fun meme to do.  Enjoy your week everyone.

Hugs Lindy xx

                 
                

22 comments:

  1. Hi Lindy, I'm hanging out for spring too. This winter hax been particularly cold and wet.

    Loved reading your answers. Awesome boots and your answer to No 13 made me smile :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It sure has been a particularly cold winter. I think there has been a few records set in Victoria this year for the coldest days.
      Hopefully spring is around the corner for both of us.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  2. I loved your responses to this meme! Though your comment about being a sooky lala had me giggling! Hope it warms up soon for you.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Baker. currently sitting inside my warm lounge room listening to a thunder storm and hail stones.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  3. Lindy, you did a smashup job on this meme with a Downunder flavor to it. Now I am curious about the gum leaves. Loved the picture of the couple skinny-dipping! Cutest thing.

    And I love the shade of that MAC lipstick. May have to check that out. I love to shop.

    Sending Hugs Downunder,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella, if ever you venture down under you'll have to experience a wood fired bbq with gum leaves added. The smell is delightful.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  4. Lindy, loved reading and Bear's picture was terrif. Of course, I think all your pictures (compositions) are pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny. That is so sweet your comment on my photos.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Lindy, soon be Spring! I love the boots, I would be wishing of bad weather just so I could wear them.
    Love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, you wouldn't know it will soon be spring by todays weather. I could live in those boots, they're so comfortable.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  6. Lindy,
    Enjoyed reading your answers. I really need to do this meme, but time is not on my side right now.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith. Look forward to reading your meme when you find some spare time. I love doing these and Ella always comes up with great ones.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  7. Sooky la la, another phrase for our Aussie lexicon! I'd forgotten about the old lady who swallowed a fly, I can picture Burl Ives singing it now. I agree with Leigh, your photo of Bear was terrific. Glad you did this meme, Lindy.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to teach you a lot of Aussie sayings Rosie. Oh I didn't know Burl Ives sang the old woman who swallowed a fly. Thank you on your kind words about Bears photo. The new camera is helping me take better shots.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  8. oh i've just seen the cauli-based pizza on FB, and have been thinking I should try it out. (i try and keep low-carb, ie no rice, noodles, bread. But i eat accidental carbs like the ones found in veggies :)

    and also, i have a Millers cardi that I bought from Australia more than 10 years ago when I was there on holiday, and it's still around !! Awesome thing that it is! Thanks for the answers and for giving me a good memory in that Millers foto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the cauli base pizza, its so good. Millers is my favourite clothes shop, always have something nice in their shops.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Lindy,

    Fun getting to know you better. Guess I'll have to fly there if we are ever going to meet. Sounds good to me!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes I'm afraid you will have to be the one flying Amy. Will get around to doing yours favourite post shortly.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  10. Loved reading your answers to this meme, Lindy!:) You made me smile right off the bat with your sooky la la! I love the song about the old lady who swallowed a fly! That made me smile too!

    I too think that your photos are fabulous! I love the one of Bear that you took recently! So neat!

    Your boots are awesome! So pretty! Your pizza sounds awesome too! Fun answers! I have to get busy and do this one! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW thank you for all your kind words Katie. I'm really enjoying taking photos with the better camera, they seem to be much nicer.
      Looking forward to reading your answers when you do this meme.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  11. I am loving reading the answers to this meme on everyone's blogs and yours is no exception! Love it! You are a beautiful photographer and love your boots. Hugs to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Terps. These memes are a great way to get to know our friends more.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...