Thursday 7 September 2017

SHHHH! Don't tell your HoH

Bear is very pleased with himself as he has discovered another tool of ass destruction and boy does it sting.  Its quite a simple thing which we use in our kitchen regularly, yet this is the first time he has used it to swat me.



On Sundays my wonderful man always makes scones for lunch.  He likes to vary it one week plain, one week date or blueberry.  This last Sunday he made pumpkin scones.  When he was mixing the ingredients together he decided to wear a pair  of food handling gloves.  Yes just your every day plain food handling gloves.  Whilst he mixed and  cooked I washed up for him.  Next thing I know there was an almighty crack and an even louder OUCH!  Oh boy being swatted with a glove really, really stings.  He has tried normal rubber gloves and woollen gloves before, never food handling gloves. Every time he passed behind me he gave me several swats just to get a reaction.   So he is pretty pleased with himself with the outcome and raring to  try it again.



Well my welcoming spring post was a bit premature, as the weather has taken a nose dive again back to wintery weather.  Our clothes drier is in the garage,  out I trotted with a basket full of wet washing, next thing plonk, I'm down the back steps on my bottom.  I honestly didn't think about the deck being slippery from all the hail we've had. 

Bear wasn't very happy, so lectured me on wearing the correct shoes.  That night in bed he asked me how my bottom was feeling.  I told him my right cheek hurts, so he decided to match it by spanking my left cheek.  After that he added a few softer swats to my right cheek so it wouldn't feel left out. Funny man!  Whilst spanking he said he should keep some of the gloves beside the bed to spank me from now on as he loved the way they increased the sting.

I suppose you've all probably seen this little saying going around face book.  Its been doing the rounds for quite a while now.




Bear has only just noticed it saying he is going to have to spank me daily so our grandchildren aren't spoilt.  Well that sounds like a good plan, I'm in on that, if he remembers.

My thoughts are prayers go out to all those affected by the hurricanes in America. Stay safe!

Hugs Lindy xx

26 comments:

  1. Actually have been on the receiving end of similar gloves (sterile kind used by doctors) and you are very right, Lindy...they do increase the sting. LOL Ooh...sorry you took such a fall...hope you're tush is better now. That Bear sure does consider himself a comedian doesn't he. ;)

    Oh yes, have seen that giggle. My question is...what about grandpa...I'm sure he does his share of spoiling the grands...who's gonna paddle his tush? ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Cat. Hope you are still improving. Yes I agree who is going to spank Grandpa for spoiling the grandkids. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Lindy, oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the fall. I hope you aren't too sore and recover quickly. Apart from that part this made me giggle. I love how Bear spanked the right cheek lightly so that it wouldn't feel left out lol.

    Interesting that the gloves hurt like that, I wouldn't have thought it.

    Love the Grandma pic lol. Hope Bear remembers :)

    Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the hurricanes.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roz, improving a bit each day. Not quite as bad this time.
      It was funny Bear having to match each cheek. I don't recommend those gloves.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  3. I love Bear's reasoning - you're a lucky gal. Hope your bum is better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky thanks Sunny. Yes my bum is feeling heaps better.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  4. Never would have thought of sterile gloves as vicious. So innocent looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know DF they do look innocent. It sure surprised me and that was with clothes on.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Lindy, hope you are alright after your fall. I don't think I will be mentioning those gloves to hubby though.
    Love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, Improving quicker this time. Yes definitely don't mention the gloves to John.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  6. You fell again?! Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. And the fact that it was a pretend spring and you're back in the coooooold.

    Gloves, huh? We'll have to try that. Eric is knocked out cold after taking almost 27 hours to get home on standby flights. The hurricanes are doing a number in our airports - even in other states.

    Thanks for the well wishes. We are bracing for the next one!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm clumsy lately. Better not tell my kids, they'll have me in a nursing home. EEKK!
      Oh poor Eric, hope he recovers soon. Stay safe.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Lindy,
    you need to start taking better care of that bottom and stop falling on it all the time. Grandpa's are all saintly and never need spanking. But Grandma's on the other hand........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Don, trying my hardest not to have any more falls. LOL! Is that so about Grandpa's. I bet you spoil your grand to bits.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  8. Lindy,
    I am NOT sharing this post with Jack. Ouch!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, I don't blame you as they are very OUCH!. Who would have thought!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  9. Oh dear! You really must stop falling, Lindy! I hope you're healing up well. Gloves, huh? Who knew? Bear I guess. lol Not so sure I want to mention that idea to my hubby though ... pretty sure we have some of those gloves around here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you Lilli. I'm trying extra hard to not fall again. Yes definitely don't mention the gloves, they are evil. LOL!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  10. Not feeling well here in the US. Today though, I am trying to visit my friends. Funny about the gloves, Lindy.

    Sending Hugs Down Under,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending positive healing vibes and praying for you Ella. Get well soon!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  11. That was very thoughtful of Bear to make sure you were even on both sides. :-) I hope you have now recovered from your fall. Please take care of yourself. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Bear is always thoughtful. LOL! Thanks Terps I have now fully recovered.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Lindy!:) Oh I'm sorry that you had another fall! You need some nice warm weather there! I hope that you are feeling better now.

    LOL on Bear being quite the creative cook! Sunday scones sound so good! The spanking with the gloves... not so much! LOL! Be a good girl, now!

    That apron is so cute! I've seen that saying around here and there. No grands for me yet, but for those of you that do have them- the perfect excuse for some spanky business! Enjoy! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, yes Bear is very creative. Must avoid him when he wears the gloves in future. LOL!
      It is hard not to spoil the grands, especially when I only see them occasionally. Good excuse for an OTK!
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete
  13. Oh those gloves. Imagine them with a wet bum! Oh, the sting. Sir wore a pair of black ones once, and I found them very fetching. I'm sort of glad he didn't spank me while wearing them though (he hates gloves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lea, I would hate to be spanked on a wet bum with those gloves. They sting enough, so I won't be mentioning that to Bear.
      Hugs Lindy xx

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...