Thursday 22 October 2015

HUSBAND MEME


Couldn't resist Ella's meme on Husbands.  So pleased to introduce you to my Bear.






1.  Name a favorite movie of his.  Do you like it, too?  If he doesn't have a favorite movie, substitute a TV series.

Christmas Vacation for sure Bear and our son watched it every year and can almost recite it word for word. I used to like it but find it boring now.  Feel like we have worn the spots off it.




2.  Tell us something you cook or bake that gets him so happy.  Do you add something special that makes your recipe unique?


My chicken and mushroom risotto.  Bear thinks its better than any restaurants, so that's a compliment. The only things special I add is love.


3.  What does he wear to bed.

We both sleep in the nude as enjoy skin to skin contact whilst spooning. 


4.  Does he have or has he ever grown a beard or mustache?  Did you (or do you) like it or not?


Yes off and on all our married life.  I love him with a goatee as it tickles.  Then he gets sick of it and shaves it off.  So I beg him to grow it again.

 


5.  If they were going to make a movie of your husband, what actor would you pick to play him?

Sean Connery would be my favourite as he is so sexy and I love his voice.

    


6.  Who is neater around the house, you or him?  Then give us a sloppy example.


We both have our moments where we are neat and then clutter our house up again.  we are both hoarders which is not good. when we left our old house we had a huge clear out but still appear to have too much for our smaller house.

.  

7.  If you could buy him tickets to any concert (even if it's from the past), what musician or group would be singing or playing?

Bear really loves the EAGLES so think that would be it.

 

8.  Does he wear a wedding ring?  Do you care?

Yes, he has always worn a wedding ring.  Unfortunately it is not the original as he lost it whilst swimming.  He quickly went out for a replacement. I love the fact he wears one.

 

9.  How old was he and how old were you on the day you met?  What else do you remember about that day?


Bear was almost 29 and I was 22.  We met on a blind date organised but a mutual friend and went to the movies and the pancake parlour. It was love at first site. My Mum was dying so we got engaged a month after meeting so she could see us.  Unfortunately she went into a coma that night so didn't see us marry eight months later.

 

10.  If he is the one to choose an ethnic restaurant for dinner out, would it be Chinese, Indian, Mexican, French, Italian, Greek, or ...........?


None Bear loves his steak.  So every time we go out he orders steak and vegetables.  Look this is even served on a paddle for afters. LOL!




 

11.  Is there a photo of him as a child that you find especially endearing?  Tell us about it.


In our old house I had a wall of photos of Bear and I as babies then underneath our children as babies like a family tree.  Bear looked so cute as he had a gorgeous blue and white romper suit on.



12.  If you were going to choose a dress in a color just to please him, what color would it be?


I think he would love any colour, he is not fussy that way.

 



13.  Do you (or did you) love his mother?  Why or why not?


Yes definitely.  I lost my Mum just after Bear and I met.  So his mum was  my second mum.  She spoilt me like a daughter and we got on really well. She lived until she was 93.

 

14.  Name a famous person he really admires.


One  of the former premiers of Victoria, Jeff Kennett.  He wishes he would be our next Prime Minister.

  


15.  How does your husband take his coffee or tea?

He makes his coffee in a Bodum Pebo pot.  Measures out the beans and grinds them fresh every lunch time.  Has to be exact!

 

16.  Does your man know how to dance?  Is it something you both enjoy?


He sure does.  We used to go dancing regularly when we were younger until I hurt my knee in my forties.  He still takes me for a twirl around the lounge room once in a while.



 




Can't wait to hear from all of you.  
Tell us about your favorite guy in the world.





 

12 comments:

  1. So glad you liked the meme! It was fun to get to know your Bear a bit better.

    I loved that you met on a blind date. Your remembrances of your mother were so tender.

    The coffee pot is mystifying! Have never seen one before.

    Sending Hugs Downunder,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella. That coffee pot has had me in trouble with a spanking once or twice. It's precious to Bear. He even bought a spare in case it gets broken.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  2. Ella's meme is fun. Thanks for sharing a little of your Bear with us.

    Never seen a pebo pot before.

    We both love the Eagles and have seen them twice.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you are lucky Ronnie, to have been to an Eagles concert twice, would be fun. Maybe Pebo pots are only sold in Australia.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  3. Hi Lindy, enjoyed reading this and learning a little about Bear. I hadn't heard of a Pebo pot either. I love that you had photos of the two of you and your children as babies :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, I used to love our wall of photos in our old home. Bear won't let me hang them here though. Hope to see you do this meme.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  4. HI Lindy, I am amazed by how similar our lives have been. Never seen that coffe maker though, fancy a go with one of them.
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is surprising how similar our lives are Jan. Just shows whirlwind romances last a long time with both of us as testament.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun to learn more about your bear. :-) my hubby and I met on a blind date, too. quite the fancy coffee pot - my hubby just does instant coffee because anything else is too high maintenance for him. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, nice to hear of another person that has met on a blind date. Yes I think the way Bear makes coffee is too high maintenance also but he enjoys it. I'm a tea drinker so can't complain.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete
  7. Hi Bear nice to meet you.
    Lindy that was fun. I make my coffee in a French Press so I get how fastidious he is about great tasting coffee! Me too!
    I used to listen to the Eagles years ago....Boston and ELO too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Minelle, Bear says hi back. He uses a French press occasionally when he doesn't have as much time. I love the Eagles also, they are great.
      Hope you have had time with your Scotsman lately.
      Hugs Lindy

      Delete

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. We hope you all enjoy celebrations with family and friends Please stay safe...