the seventh celebration of the increasingly inaccurately named
Great Online Cookie Exchange Extravaganza
We reserve this recipe for birthday cakes as it is very rich.
CHOCOLATE DECADENCE CAKE
250grams butter (dairy free)
500 grams bittersweet chocolate 58% or higher
7 (65gram) eggs
100 grams caster sugar
40 grams plain flour (white wings gluten free)
50 grams Dutch cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 c. Half fill a roasting pan with water and place on lower shelf of oven. Grease and line a 22cm spring form pan. Grease lined paper.
2. Combine butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water for 5 minutes, without stirring, until chocolate melts. Use a spatula to stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Use an electric mixer to whisk eggs and sugar in a bowl for six minutes until thick and pale. Sift flour over egg mixture and use a spatula to gently fold until just combined. Add chocolate and stir until just combined. Pout in prepared cake tin.
4. Bake on middle rack of preheated oven for 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Carefully invert cake on to a cake stand. Dust with cocoa powder to serve.
My daughter also makes chocolate ganache, serves the cake with that and ice cream.
Thank you Jz for hosting this event, its fabulous.
Now go visit all of these other bloggers for some delicious recipes.
The complete list of 2016 cookie exchange participants.
p.s. our visitors are going home today (Hooray!) so I will be back later. Have an awesome day.